Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cheap option for first camera

Gmx76

I'm looking at buying a T7C  was also considering the Svbony SV305. Initial requirement would be for lunar, planetary, and maybe some DSOs? I have a SW Starquest 130p newt on an EQ2 with RA motor. Are these cheap cams worth initial investment if I plan to keep as a guide cam and plough more money into this for AP in the future and upgrade mount, scope etc? How do they compare to a web cam for planetary?  Thanks

The problem with these cheap cameras is the lack of support by popular imaging software as well as the quality or lack of.  Can be false ecomomy. Before buying one check to see if they are supported by image capture software such as Sharpcap or Firecapture etc.

Would strongly advise paying a bit more for one of the starter ZWO cameras. One of the 120 cameras is supported by all the best image capture software and not that expensive . Also good for guiding.

Do come up in the sales section or on Astrobuysell UK quite often.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/search/for/asi120/

Edited by johninderby