Sol 2 June 2020

vineyard

Hello,

I got a chance to have a quick go w the little Lunt 50 while the mount was still out from the last few nights (gets packed up this evening :( given the clouds coming in).  Also tried with a Powermate 2.5x in.  Didn't have a chance to image properly (& have only done basic AS!3 & ImPPG - a little bit of dodge & burn in GIMP on the gained-out silhouette image).  Liking the closeness via the Powermate - but v strong NR unfortunately, which I subsequently read can happen w PMs & that a tilt adjuster is called for?

Anyway, stay safe out there.

Cheers,

Vin

2020-06-02-1147_2-Sun_lapl6_ap389_imppg_gimp.png

2020-06-02-1149_2-Sun_lapl7_ap1380_imppg.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Nice close ups.  I bought a tilt adapter for my 290MM and it works perfectly.  I popped in my 120MM for a quick test session and the rings reappeared even with the tilt adapter.

Hmm, thanks for the head's up, will hold fire on an adjuster for the time being.  I've had NR occasionally in the past w just the 120MM mini and then they disappear, so maybe this was one of those days!  Cheers again.

• Like 1