NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomik cls ccd eos clip filter

cosmos

Yes for the 1000D... No it cant be used with the kit lens... unless you perform some surgery (wich i will on a non-kit 18-55 lens that I have...

But I have other lenses as well....

It should be great for the 50mm f1.8, the Sigma 28-300 and hopefully Nikon glass when used with the adpator...

The review is for the standard CLS filter not the CCD version which also adds Uv/IR CUT and is quite a bit more expensive...and IMHO essential for a modded DSLR which would give softer bloaty images without UV/IR Cut....

So right place right time lastnight :)

Billy...

It depends on how the mod was done ... I removed the filter from the front of the sensor and replaced it with fresh air... no clear glass no replacement filter nothing... So I need to put Uv/IR cut back into the optical train normally when the modded camera is on the scopes this is taken care of by the 2" IDAS P2...

When used with camera lenses this isnt so easy I have tried tapign the IDAS to the front of the DSLR lenses but its not ideal and its undersize so causes vignetting...also woryignto haev an expenive filter held in place by tape...

If you have the camera modded and use one of the afetr market filters then provided this has UV/IR cut then the normal and cheaper filter will be fine...

Billy...

hello all,

just a quick update i bought the astonomik cls ccd eos clip filer and.... superb where as before trying to get emission nebulas in a polluted sky nightmare, now with the filter no matter what the pollution sky turns black and hey ho a nebula pops out,

so i recommend this one.

marcel

Archived