Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fittings and adapters for replacement focusers

Hi

I'm purchasing bits and pieces for my ideal scope based on 1st gen Altair Wave 80mm APO. Original version came with a 3" focuser. I'm looking to add a Riccardi reducer so thought may be time to upgrade the focuser as well. I have changed the focuser on a SCT before but not on a refractor.

If I buy a native Feather-lite or 3" Baader what types of fitting do they have tube side?

I removed the focuser from the Altair and there appears to be a 104mm od screw thread on the OTA  with a kind of  dovetail adapter screwed onto this, the focuser is then held on to the dovetail by 3 grub screws and a thumb screw

I looked at the manufactures sites but they don't really explain the fitting side

Hi billhinge

Check out the Feathertouch page in us for explanation of all the  adaptor types and sizes for their focusers and which scopes they fit. Telescoope service in Germany have a good stock of Feathertouch focusers. And or their own brand of rack and pinion focusers

Peter

...Altair Wave? - call Ian at Altair - he would help you out.. and if you have to have special adaptor made: ( i've  used them 3 times now )- TS-Optics or RVOis the place.  

Other thing - mesure up the tube OD, call one of the dealers (FLO?) and either: they will find an adaptor for you. - or directly form FT :)