NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography Tool, Dithering glitch

Hi Folks, 

Last night was a milestone, it was my second attempt at guiding and it worked!!!!!!! 🎉 

I also attempted my second objective, dithering. Here not all went do well 🤔. I'm using APT, Phd2 with Heq5 pro mount, Skywatcher 72ed and Canon 60d. 

Everything was working just fine, I was running 3min exposures, I waited until it had completed a couple and then headed inside for a cuppa whilst I left it to do its thing. When I got back outside a problem had occurred.  APT stated that after two 3mins shots the dithering had timed out. I reset everything, tried shifting the weight to put it a little off balance (I read this could help) same thing happened again. Everything will run for a while and then the dithering either pauses or times out. 

If any of you folk have any suggestions I'd be grateful. 

Thanks for your help 

Simon 

This may sound obvious.....  apologies in advance.....

Have you got the mount  connected  ( or as  the software says "scope connected" )  in APT...... under the GEAR menu drop down"   ??

Edited by Craney

9 hours ago, Craney said:

This may sound obvious.....  apologies in advance.....

Have you got the mount  connected  ( or as  the software says "scope connected" )  in APT...... under the GEAR menu drop down"   ??

Hi, and thanks for your reply. Yep, mount connected, guiding worked OK, just dithering seems to be the problem