Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Monopod for my Bushnell 8x42 binoculars

col

For years iv had a couple of camera monopods and even used them for my Bushnell binoculars that iv had for years. But they always fall short on the height they extend to for the binoculars. So began my search for taller monopods. 

Recently I came across a Punk Trent monopod from 3 Legged Thing. This thing extends to 80 inches and has a weight load of 60lb's. So I ordered it straight away and it arrived this morning. 

First impressions were wow, this is a solid well built bit of kit. A small handy carabina tool was also included as the foot at the end can be changed for different heads if you want. The rubber boot end already on it will do me though. 

The twist adjustments on the extensions is good, firm and easy to do which also felt strong and secure. 

Adjusting the height straight away, as this was my main reason for getting this, was a breeze. And I have as much height as I could ever want or need. 

With a ball head on top i mounted my 8x40 binoculars and gave them a try. 

Well I was very happy with the amount of movement this gets rid of while trying to hold binoculars steady with just my hands. 

The image even seemed sharper due to this rock steady monopod. 

To say I'm chuffed to bits with it is an understatement, and would recommend this to anyone wanting more height with a monopod. 

It's load capacity of 60lb's makes me think I might even try my opticron 20x80's on this while waiting for the parallelogram mount. 

Can't wait for tonight to scan the skies with it now. 

• Like 4

Sounds great.. I was looking at some monopods a few days ago and either the height or the weight capacity fell short for what I'd want it for... I'll take a look at the one you mentioned...

Mark

It can also be used as a walking stick, though walking staff is maybe a better description if it's the height I need it. 

The price was £69 and I'd say worth every penny of it.