Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Close up of North America Nebula/ Cygnus wall

CloudMagnet

Hello everyone,

Even though the day I took this was 40mph winds and cloud, it finally cleared up around 8pm, decided I would finally get round to doing the North America nebula for the first time- this had been on my todo list for around a year so it was about time!

Total of 3 hours exposure (45x 4 min) subs ZWO ASI 071MC Pro and Skywatcher 200p and dual narrowband filter. Not really a scope suited to this target due to the sheer size but it gave a good opportunity to zoom in and focus on a nice contrast area around the wall and the gulf. This is a really beautiful part of sky- my only regret is not doing this earlier. Only thing that is stopping me now is those pesky short days.

Thanks for looking, any feedback of how to process this any better would be appreciated. Not really sure if the colour balance is right :)

1540373027_NaNd3LQ.thumb.jpg.bc128494771f581facb299bf608d9eb5.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Lovely crisp details, I like the bright fringes opposing the dark clouds.

Thanks Mark, I had a hard decision with how to frame this due to the small FOV at 900mm focal length, glad you like the contrast!

15 minutes ago, peter shah said:

nice and tight super detail

Thanks Peter, I didn't expect it to turn out so well in 3 hours when it isn't even fully dark now. I think I will add more data to it later in the year or start a mosaic to help the FOV.