Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another crack at M51

Bobby1970

So, I set up the AZGTi, with the 72mm scope, ZWO178MC, and the new added guidescope with 120mm mini.

Captured around 35x 120s subs at 270 gain as this is supposed to be the lowest noise setting for the 178mc from what I have been reading, however guiding seems to have thrown a wobbler after 21 frames. The graph on PHD did look quite alarming to my eyes, swinging from +3 to -3. But im not sure exactly how to interpret it yet tbh. I am also not sure it isn't a problem with the usb port on my laptop which the 120mm was plugged into.

So, I ended up with 21x 120s subs. I did some darks and flats (still not sure if im doing my flats correctly)

Anyway, all things considered I am pretty happy with this tbh. Processed in Startools and a final tweak in Paint.net.

Thanks for looking and constructive criticism very welcome. I do feel this is much better than my previous efforts. 

837466694_M5121x120s240520JPG.jpg.bde646c142d9569dbc60177019222788.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Nice image, some good detail and colour 🙂

I certainly would be more than happy with it.

Was the data taken recently as well ? If so really good effort considering the short nights, although I guess the lack of moon helps an awful lot.

Steve

Captured last late last night / early this morning. Packed up around 1.30 am. If I can regularly get 2min guided exposures I will be more than happy I think. 

• Like 1