NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick and dirty m27 and a lesson learned!

assouptro

Hi stargazers! 
I have mothballed the 12” Meade LX200 after another Galaxy season as Cygnus and all its delights are obtainable for the 2 hours of twilight available to me at this location.

I decided to do a short series of subs on the Dumbbell in Vulpecula. 
its 10x5 min RGB with 4x10 min Ha and 3x10 min Oiii all bin 1 at a ridiculous arc seconds per pixel with my Atik 460 

EB7CAE8F-ED1C-44C8-91BD-E637E89EE6C2.thumb.jpeg.e2df8a5ecfb8e6d70da0484da69f62f7.jpeg

It’s definitely an over cooked artistic rather than scientific version and the star shapes are poor but I’m still learning!

I just thought I’d add this....

I had a slight disaster when removing the weights from the mount, I hadn’t double checked the balance on the R A axis and really locked it up. The mount swung round and as I was carrying quite a bit of weight with flip flops on and slightly worse for wear due to a FaceTime boozy session with an old work buddy my reaction speeds were defiantly compromised and my whole set up took a knock! 
I spent the next 2 clear nights trying to achieve the collimation and Alignment I had obviously stumbled upon and cursed the operation of “heavy machinery” when under the influence. 
here is my cctv footage of the incident. Don’t laugh! 

Anyway. 
thanks for looking! 
Cheers 

Bryan 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Great image!! But you had my heart skip a beat when watching that video😅 "Viewer discretion is advised"

Thanks Victor

It’s like watching a disaster movie, I have watched it back a few times willing myself to turn around!!

cheers

Bryan

• Like 1

12 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Or whacked on the face by the rotating mass.

Although I took a blow to my shoulder My filter wheel and camera took a bad knock to the mount and I haven't been happy with the performance since!?