Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Converting a EQ6

I bought a EQ6 Tripod (supposedly) and bought this so my EQ5 would fit. 

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-heq5-tripod-adaptor-for-eq6-2-tripods.html

This is the tripod can someone clarify if it is and if so how to fit the adaptor please. 

The holes in the top are too small for the bolts that have come with the adaptor thanks. 

20200522_105633.jpg

20200522_105626.jpg

The adapter should just drop into the top of the tripod and just one bolt is used that screws into one of the holes intended for the north peg. The bolt is on the bottom left of this photo. 

Of the adapter won’t drop into the top of the tripod it’s possible that this mighrpt be an old CG5 tripod but in that case The EQ5 would fit directly to the tripod.

AD3FE752-8B71-4B10-BB45-A54B261A7386.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

Hi, I had a similar issue with the same arrangement, the bolt is just a standard M10 or M12, the issue I found is a standard EQ5 wont fit, I spoke with RVO but they said it only fits HEQ5, 

So I had to take a dremel to the inside face to allow the EQ5 to fit, then you need a M12 female to M10 male thread adaptor so the tripod plate will screw into the EQ5.

If you don't have the tripod spreader you can just use a standard M10 bolt I think. 

But it can be done!

tripod1.jpg

Edited by fireshipjohn

11 minutes ago, fireshipjohn said:

Hi, I had a similar issue with the same arrangement, the bolt is just a standard M10 or M12, the issue I found is a standard EQ5 wont fit, I spoke with RVO but they said it only fits HEQ5, 

So I had to take a dremel to the inside face to allow the EQ5 to fit, then you need a M12 female to M10 male thread adaptor so the tripod plate will screw into the EQ5.

If you don't have the tripod spreader you can just use a standard M10 bolt I think. 

But it can be done!

tripod1.jpg

Hi I have checked a EQ6 Tripod looks like this on top I suspect yours did  Where as the one I have been sent is this with no centre bolt or north peg. Nothing matches up so I am sending it back if the fella will accept a return and put a wanted add on for a proper EQ6 tripod but thank you ever so much this will be handy when I do get the EQ6 mount.

EQ6.jpg

AVX Tripod.jpg