Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sesto Senso 2 Focus Steps

Hi all,

I had an old Lakeside focuser, which was great but could be a bit temperamental at times, so yesterday i ordered a Sesto Senso 2  Focuser. I was very pleased with how simple it was to install as well as the clan design. The one thing that struck me is that on the old Lakeside setup it was about 11,000 steps for the full range of my focuser, but on the new Sesto Senso 2 it was around 180,000 steps.

I was shocked to see just how many steps / how granular this thing can obviously be.

Unfortunately it's not clear tonight so i can't test it. - but it's got me wondering about configuring the step sizes in SGP   - Using my lakeside i used to use a step size of 20 - So just wondering what step size everyone else is using on their Sesto Senso setups.

Cheers,

Rich.

11 minutes ago, Northernlight said:

Hi all,

I had an old Lakeside focuser, which was great but could be a bit temperamental at times, so yesterday i ordered a Sesto Senso 2  Focuser. I was very pleased with how simple it was to install as well as the clan design. The one thing that struck me is that on the old Lakeside setup it was about 11,000 steps for the full range of my focuser, but on the new Sesto Senso 2 it was around 180,000 steps.

I was shocked to see just how many steps / how granular this thing can obviously be.

Unfortunately it's not clear tonight so i can't test it. - but it's got me wondering about configuring the step sizes in SGP   - Using my lakeside i used to use a step size of 20 - So just wondering what step size everyone else is using on their Sesto Senso setups.

Cheers,

Rich.

I guess the difference in steps is due to the lakeside being fitted to the coarse side of the focuser, and the Sesto on the 1:10 fine focus side, if the Sesto was on the same side as the lakeside it would be approx 18000 steps.... so still 7000 more.....

I guess I'm going to have to do trial and error to see. Thinking back, I'm sure I recall reading something about it automatically adjusting it's own step size dynamically so might not need to worry.

Just wanted to see what other sesto senso users using for their settings 

Cheers,

Ribh.