Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

phillips spc900 webcam

bought this webcam and now wondering if there are any simple mods to make it suitable for DSO. there are plenty of mods in the internet but they require some electrical knowledge and expertise & that may be beyond me. so anything simple for folk like me?

thanks guys. starflyer, I am doubting my ability to do these mods as I no practically nothing about electronics. I can solder and work in miniture but does it not assume some kind of knowledge? I would like to do it but afraid to ruin it.

I know virtually nothing about electronics myself. I read lots and lots about the mod and I only had the confidence to go for it when Steve (Parallax) posted some images of the stripboard circuit for me to follow.

If you don't feel happy doing it yourself then, as John suggested, get Andy at Astronomiser to do it for you. You could also keep your eyes peeled for a second hand one either on SGL or AstroBuySell they do come up fairly regularly.

brilliant! everything you need to know on one thread!.

I just need to study this for a bit, Thanks I have all the info to make my decision now.

Cheers, Ian

Ian

When I/we originally contributed to that thread, there was some confusion regarding the terms "pins & pads". If you find it confusing then say so and I will try to clarify things.

Steve

Archived