Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crazy PHD graph

lukebl

I am having trials and tribulations with my old NEQ6 as discussed in another thread, and fear I may have irreparably damaged it.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening in this PHD Guiding graph here? As you can see, there is an oscillation over a period of about 12 minutes, which increases over time to a huge spike.

49908281366_babd16520c_h.jpg

52 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

... Apart from the spike it appears to guide quite well?

No the guiding's terrible! As you see from this single 4 minute frame, the mount appears to jump periodically.

49908461206_4e55b23cee_b.jpg

Just looked at that other thread and you do seem to be having a bit of a mare with it currently! FWIW, my AZEQ6 developed a bit of rocking/backlash in the Dec axis after 6 months from new. I followed the AB guide on adjusting with the 2 work screws and it fixed it so the guide is not all that bad. Just need to use a bit of common sense when tightening things.

BTW, what is your pixel scale at 1.6m focal length?

Okay, can't see the RA guide pulses, so can't tell if it's the mount moving first and then PHD2 correcting, or vice versa.

12 minutes is 1.5 x 8 min worm period, can't picture how that would happen.

Post a 12 minute Guide Assistant run, which will show the unguided RA behaviour.

Michael