Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monopods Benro MAD49A

Hi guys

I'm looking at getting a benro MAD49A for my olympus dps-1 10x50 as its quite tall. I was thinking of getting a tripod base/foot for a monopod when looking around for added stability. 

I'm unsure if the foot on the benro unscrews at all to add a separate base on to it? If anyone has experience with it? Might be the case might not need a separate foot. 

Any other advice/recommendations on different monopods and set ups would be appreciated. 

Thanks

I went for one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-177-cm-Pistol-Grip-Tripod/dp/B01LQX0P8Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=tripod+and+pistol+grip+ball+head&qid=1589099474&sr=8-2

and a Giottos 3290B monopod. Unscrew the head from the tripod, put it on the monopod and fully extended its taller than I am (6'5"). 

Used in a recliner, just cross your ankles over the bottom of the monopod for added stability.

Works well with my 10x50s and 15x70s

Andy

I expect the manfrotto will be better quality but this head is perfectly ok. There is a similar head on there for about £40 without the tripod, so effectively you're getting the tripod for less than a tenner. 👍

I have the 222 and it is very good, can be bought relatively cheap off the bay quite often and spare quick-release plates are inexpensive too. I overhauled the 222 and retouched the paint so it's like new and cost me under £20. Paired to a Giottos M5570 monopod (also off the bay) which has the option to use feet to stabilise, and these are stored in the lower section of the monopod. It extends to well above head height for me (5ft8) and even more so with the 222 on the end.

1412146076_cameraonmono.JPG.9552d0e4ab28305e44a89effb8e90c93.JPG

The monopod ain't light though but is very stable even when extended and handles my binos easily with a bracket in place of the camera.

Should add here - the 222 you will need also a 3/8-1/4 tripod screw adaptor to fit it to a regular photo tri/monopod

Edited by DaveL59