Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

asiair flats NB

Hi all

Does anyone have a idea how to get the best flats with asiair ?

Everything I find talks about the adu number .

How would you try and work this out with a mono cam and using NB filters ?

So I have just taken x20 of Ha,Olll,S

0.5, 3, 10, 30 secs subs and then once on dss will work out the better one seems a bit long winded.

Thanks for any advice.

2 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi all

Does anyone have a idea how to get the best flats with asiair ?

Everything I find talks about the adu number .

How would you try and work this out with a mono cam and using NB filters ?

So I have just taken x20 of Ha,Olll,S

0.5, 3, 10, 30 secs subs and then once on dss will work out the better one seems a bit long winded.

Thanks for any advice.

If the ASIAIR displays a histogram then you are looking for the peak to be about half way along the graph. Don't forget to get some dark flats too at the same exposure length. 

I am a bit surprised that it does not have a optimal exposure calculator for FLATS. 

Adam 

11 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I am a bit surprised that it does not have a optimal exposure calculator for FLATS. 

Me too! In fact I'm a bit disappointed but there it is. I use an app on my iPad as a light source and found it was best to set an exposure time (e.g. 2 seconds or whatever) on the ASIair and then adjust the screen brightness to get the histogram peak mid-way along the axis. As you recommended I took dark-flats at the same time. Got there in the end but it's not as easy as it is with something like SGPro.

Adrian

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam J said:

If the ASIAIR displays a histogram then you are looking for the peak to be about half way along the graph. Don't forget to get some dark flats too at the same exposure length. 

Adam 

Yeah I’ve done darks and bias and done a few flats but I didn’t  use histo as it’s always on auto and I can see my image in pic anyway. So I will stack the flats and see what I get 🤞🏻

2 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Me too! In fact I'm a bit disappointed but there it is. I use an app on my iPad as a light source and found it was best to set an exposure time (e.g. 2 seconds or whatever) on the ASIair and then adjust the screen brightness to get the histogram peak mid-way along the axis. As you recommended I took dark-flats at the same time. Got there in the end but it's not as easy as it is with something like SGPro.

Adrian

I reckon as I’ve done 0.5 ,3 ,10 , and 20 sec flats one set should be ok .

• Like 1

Hi so I'm in dss looking at subs and I've noticed I have 4 files per sub  what one should I click to stack or just take all?

As In pic

_1_thn.jpg

_1_.fit

_thn.jpg

.fit

20200509_130825.jpg

4 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

what one should I click to stack or just take all?

Only stack the .fit files - I'd dump the jpg thumbnails - I think they are only there to provide reassurance you have something of an image.

Adrian

• Thanks 1