NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trouble Viewing Cats Eye Nebula

On 08/05/2020 at 10:34, ThomasF1234 said:

Thank you I’ll have a try next time there’s clear skies!

Congrats!

In the image of M13 do you see the "propeller"? another great feature in this fantastic spray of stars.

Messier 13 (Great Hercules Cluster) - Deep Sky Watch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream said:

Congrats!

In the image of M13 do you see the "propeller"? another great feature in this fantastic spray of stars.

Hint: it is a dark feature :smiley:

I used to look for a pattern made of stars until I realised that !

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jetstream said:

Congrats!

Oh I see it on the picture! I haven’t had a proper chance to look yet because of these pesky  clouds! One question, should M13 look relatively dark through the telescope?

Edited by ThomasF1234
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThomasF1234 said:

Oh I see it on the picture! I haven’t had a proper chance to look yet because of these pesky  clouds! One question, should M13 look relatively dark through the telescope?

M13 is a bright object and might show as a smallish fuzzy ball at low power in your 100mm and upping the mag will resolve more stars. The propeller feature can be tough and personally find that there can be a smallish sweet spot mag wise. Highly recommend playing with magnification on this one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream said:

M13 is a bright object and might show as a smallish fuzzy ball at low power in your 100mm and upping the mag will resolve more stars. The propeller feature can be tough and personally find that there can be a smallish sweet spot mag wise. Highly recommend playing with magnification on this one.

Ok thank you my plan is to go to Sophian (I think that’s what it’s called) to focus then slew to m13 (when it’s the next clear night)

• Like 1