NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD APT help required

Hi Folks, 

Quick question (I hope) I'm running APT and using Phd2 for guiding. As om connects the mount through EQMOD. APT works and I can control the mount in live view. 

The problem arises when I connect try and connect devices in Phd2. I click connect and camera (QHY5-II connects instantly) but as soon as I click on connect mount, the eqmod controller pops up but then I get cannot connect port not found. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for your help 

Simon 

That is odd. Have you selected eq5/6 in the drop down menu on that connection page?

Have you tried connecting to APT first and then opening PHD2. If both are set to the same within ascom then they should both connect at the same time.

Edited by spillage

25 minutes ago, spillage said:

That is odd. Have you selected eq5/6 in the drop down menu on that connection page?

Have you tried connecting to APT first and then opening PHD2. If both are set to the same within ascom then they should both connect at the same time.

Hi, 

Yes, eq5/6 selected and APT connected first. One thought I did have but can't test until I use it in anger is to not to connect the mount in Phd2 as it is already connected in APT and APT is connected to Phd2. What do you think? 

21 minutes ago, KevS said:

Some time if you are not using the same "port" as normal it can throw a thrombo. On EQMOD the set up page (the one with the baud rate, etc on) hit the button with the binoculars on it and it will search for the port. If it still does not connect after that you may have to establish that the USB (or whatever) connections are OK. If you are going through the handset it needs to be on "PC Direct". ………..Is the power on to the mount? 

Kev

Thanks Kev, 

I'll take a look, has to be worth a try 

You could try asking on the APT website Ivo usually gets back with help within a day or two. 

One thing I found early on is that if you have some programs that are set to tun in administrator and some that are not then EQMOD doesn't like it. Either run them all in Administrator mode or none of them and tbh I have tried both ways and find it much easier if none are in Administrator mode.

I am sure I had exactly the same issues originally and think this was the reason but not fully sure if that was the only thing I had to change.

Keep with it though APT is a great piece of software and like I say try asking same on the APT forum you are sure to get an answer.

Steve

OK, sorted it. I was selecting connect scope in Stellarium scope and that was confusing things. 

Next issue (sorry) in APT I'm trying to create a new plan. I have the dslr selected and connected. I open a new plan by clicking on edit, new light plan, name it, enter the speed, iso etc click update and nothing happens. This one really has me stumped. 

Just now, spillage said:

Try here.

Its been a while since I used APT and do not have the obs pc running. If phd starts within apt then there is no need to manually connect.

Thanks, I've requested membership and will contact them. Thanks for your efforts 

7 minutes ago, spillage said:

Try here.

Its been a while since I used APT and do not have the obs pc running. If phd starts within apt then there is no need to manually connect.

Yes, I think that's it! Will try again tomorrow and get back to you 

18 hours ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

OK, sorted it. I was selecting connect scope in Stellarium scope and that was confusing things. 

Next issue (sorry) in APT I'm trying to create a new plan. I have the dslr selected and connected. I open a new plan by clicking on edit, new light plan, name it, enter the speed, iso etc click update and nothing happens. This one really has me stumped. 

Can you take a screen shot of what you have entered when you then click "<<Add as new"

If there is some info it is expecting but you have not entered then it will not add anything so I am suspecting something you entered is either wrong or something is missing.

Steve

18 hours ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

I no longer use a DSLR but from memory You could have 7 items that all must be entered,

• Exposure in seconds
  • ISO 
  • Pause in seconds
  • Count as integer
  • Quality from drop down box
  • Lens Aperture from drop down box
  • Filter from drop down box.

I cannot remember if filter always appears or is dependent on settings of APT but f it is there you must select something and select "No Change" if not required.

Like I said this is from memory and may have changed but might give you something to try.

EDITED: Just changed my APT to use DSLR instead of CMOS and I do get 7 things to enter and all have to be entered before the Add as new button works.

image.png.0e7cbeb153bb2122d8b7db7967231c27.png

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

1 hour ago, KevS said:

Simon,

That's what I tend to enter, I normally set the quality as "Raw" as you have mentioned. AV and Filter as you have them set. Don't forget to set an antivibration pause on the left hand side. I tend to set the "white balance" to "daylight".

K

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear I'm on the right track. I've read somewhere to set the white balance to auto. Have you tried both? 

As yet I have not actually tried this program out under the stars, just trying to work out some of the bugs before I get that far + it's cloudy!!!! 

Cheers 

Simon