Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What guidecam?

tooth_dr

I thought I’d start a new topic.

Looking advice on a guidecam that will double up as a h-alpha solar imaging camera.

Imaging camera 5.4um pixels

Guidecam to be used both with OAG (1200mm) and finderscope 9x50.

Looking to image prominences etc via my 60mm lunt, native 500mm, using x3 Barlow.

Thanks to xiga Wim and xplode for input already.

I have £300ish, new or used I’m happy either way 

Thanks

Adam 

Edited by tooth_dr

I have the ASI174MM camera for Ha solar imaging.  I have also used it for guiding but changed to an ASI120MC-S camera which I also had, for guiding and got much better results. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gina said:

I have the ASI174MM camera for Ha solar imaging.  I have also used it for guiding but changed to an ASI120MC-S camera which I also had, for guiding and got much better results. 

Thanks Gina. That’s very interesting.  I’m looking an improvement over my current 120MM.  Is this finder guiding?  I would have assumed the 120MC would be a step in opposite direction for me. 

I'm using a Vivitar 200mm f3.5 telephoto lens of film SLR vintage.  I agree the mono version should be better but I only have the colour one.