Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Progression of Venus

CraigT82

I've collected together a few of the better captures I've made since getting a UV filter in early March. Shows nicely the expanding size and thinning crescent of Venus as it catches Earth up before overtaking us on 3rd June. 

All done at 0.13" pp (Fullerscope with 2.7x Barlow), Altair 290mono and Baader UV filter. 

Cheers

1588007716068_Venus UV collage 2.png

• Like 9

Hi there.... 

Wow what a splendid illustration of Venusian phase.

Quick question if I may?   Any special techniques or modified equipment to get these images ??

Do you just put the filter on the camera and take the light off the prime focus ??.... as per normal planetary  imaging and stacking?

I thought I read somewhere you needed to remove the glass sensor cover from the camera etc ....which kinda put me off.

Cheers, Sean.

1 minute ago, Craney said:

Hi there.... 

Wow what a splendid illustration of Venusian phase.

Quick question if I may?   Any special techniques or modified equipment to get these images ??

Do you just put the filter on the camera and take the light off the prime focus ??.... as per normal planetary  imaging and stacking?

I thought I read somewhere you needed to remove the glass sensor cover from the camera etc ....which kinda put me off.

Cheers, Sean.

Hi Sean, nothing special other than the UV filter which is a bit of an investment. Haven't done anything to the camera: Its still got it's AR coated sensor window in place. It will probably block a little of the UV end of the spectrum but plenty gets through. There is more glass in the barlow but the APM one I use seems to have pretty good transmission between 350nm and 400nm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1