Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet

carastro

Bit stuck for targets, Set up is really too small for galaxies, Stuck at home in LP Bromley, and targets near the Zenith require a non windy night due to having to take the dome off.

Taken over 3 nights, started this last weekend with a Hutech filter, Got RGB on the second night and last night got Luminance, as I wanted to compare with the Hutech filter, but can't see much difference with this particular target and conditions.

Lum 13 x 600
Hutech filter 18 x 600
RGB 8 x 300 binned (each)
Total imaging time 6 hours 40 minutes

M65, M66 & NGC3628
Lum 13 x 600 & Hutech 18 x 600
RGB 8 x 300 each

Still quite noisy, so I decided to combine with the data I took way back in 2012 with my DSLR, a further 2 hours with Modified Canon 450D

Grand total 8 hours 40 minutes

Leo Triplet 2012 and 2020 combined.png

• Like 14

Nice detailed image here Carole,a little on the softside for me,but you mention noise so that could explain it.

Still very good.

I have to admire your,and others stamina at imaging into the small hours,i,m usually falling asleep at 1am,and hate leaving a clear sky,but think I would regret if I stayed up much later.Some astronomer I am.

Mick.

looks like the desiccant replacement worked.

Different camera Tomatobro. I tried out the dessicanted camera last night.  Will do the flats later and see how it comes out. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro