Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope for 76p

Morning all,

Trust you are all keeping well.

I had a mini viewing session last night through the open patio doors with the little 76p. Venus was fun to look at through this instrument. My only issue is the awful finder scope. My back is in agony today after trying to look down it. Any suggestions for a small compact Red dot finder or similar that members have fitted to similar size compact scopes?

Pic attached of the current atrocity 🙂

Baz

DSC_0502.JPG

I bought an el cheapo RDF off of eBay last year, for a 4.5 inch reflector.  I'm sure that would fit and do the job, it did in my case. 

likewise for the little nat-geo I have, bought a regular RDF and a stick-on foot to attach it from Astroboot, tho you shouldn't need that given yours already has a finder attachment. Would an RDF really help though as you'll still need to contort to use it, perhaps a RA finder would work better?

1378989667_RDFshoe.JPG.ad878e3d1d908dd26503b531894c19ca.JPG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, merlin100 said:

I bought an el cheapo RDF off of eBay last year, for a 4.5 inch reflector.  I'm sure that would fit and do the job, it did in my case. 

I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought, last year...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Dot-Finder-Scope-for-telescope-two-hole-fixing/381663633332?hash=item58dcecdfb4:g:E4wAAOSwnFZXWBjc

I didn't realise that John had beat me to it!🤣

Edited by Guest

Thanks everyone, That RD finder is now on my watch list!

The position of the finder will stay the same, However I wont have to try and get my Neck/back positioned over half way down the tube like I do now, I will also be rewarded for my effort as this finder should actually show me something when looked through 🙂

On another note Merlin, How did you get on with the 3.2mm BST? not only might it be of benefit for me with Venus and Mars. I could potentially use it in the little fella to achieve x93 mag. This will be getting up to its maximum.

Baz

12 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thanks everyone, That RD finder is now on my watch list!

The position of the finder will stay the same, However I wont have to try and get my Neck/back positioned over half way down the tube like I do now, I will also be rewarded for my effort as this finder should actually show me something when looked through 🙂

On another note Merlin, How did you get on with the 3.2mm BST? not only might it be of benefit for me with Venus and Mars. I could potentially use it in the little fella to achieve x93 mag. This will be getting up to its maximum.

Baz

RDF fitted to the 4.5 inch reflector... 

20200425_123912.jpg

Regarding the 3.2mm BST StarGuider...

I've only used it a few minutes ago in the 4.5 inch reflector, just to see how it looks in the daytime, as compared to other EP... I can see some 'floaters' and  eyelashes in it, but that shouldn't bother me at night. I'll try to get a true test on Venus this evening, clouds permitting... 

I have found that having the eyecup all the way up certainly improves viewing, as it causes your eye to be at the right distance. Otherwise, it can get distorted. 

Edited by Guest