EQMOD Location Settings

smr

My EQMod Dir Cable arrived today...

I've got EQMod set up, it's brilliant :D Slewing to target from a computer instead of the hand controller is fantastic. I should be able to set my mount up and park it, then do pretty much everything from my computer in the house now.

Re the lat and long in Stellarium and EQMod Site Settings. I realise these need to be set the same for accuracy, is it ok to just put the degrees and minutes and omit the seconds in both Stellarium Location and EQMod Site settings 

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

It is a joy isn't it.

I was lucky that my AZ EQ6 has a USB port on the mount and I managed to get it talking direct to computer with a standard USB cable.

Really is. One of those things that I kept putting off thinking it sounded really complicated and then finally get around to doing and wonder why I didn't do it sooner!

You could just enter 00 for the seconds but why would you want to? Presuming you setup in the same place EQMOD and Stellarium save the location for session to session. The more accurate your location the ore accurate your goto. If you change where you setup, an app called Polar Align for   iOS will not only help with a Polar Alignment but also display your location including seconds. 

• Like 1