Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The mount and OTA are not particularly light weight, perhaps it is more can it be carried all in one piece safely for you physically, nothing appears to stop observing more quickly then a hurt back.

When not in use if left setup how will you protect the kit as it is not weather proof?

I keep my C8 SE fully assembled indoors and carry it outside for use.  I would suggest not disassembling the OTA from the mount unless you have an extra grab handle fitted on the OTA, otherwise there is a risk of dropping the OTA (bulky, no handgrips).  On the other hand you do have to take the mount/OTA assembly off the tripod to accurately level the tripod, placing the bubble level on the machined top plate of the tripod.  (If you are using Starsense, it does not seem necessary to accurately level the tripod so long as you place it on a level surface - another + for Starsense.)

There is absolutely no reason why keeping the outfit fully assembled should be a problem.