NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eqmod Help please

astro mick

Hi.

I am trying to load EQMOD onto a windows 10 PC but it not recognising any of my virtual com ports.(6 available)

It comes back Connect Port Error/Port not available.

These ports appear to be working,or at least it says they are.

Have downloaded the FDTI driver.

Any ideas please.

Mick.

So you've actually installed EQMod ok then ??, but it can't see the adaptor you've installed\connected ??

You say you've installed the FTDI drivers, but is the adaptor actually FTDI based ?? or could it be Prolific \ CH340 ??

Please do a screen print of what device manager details show before any useful help can be given - device manager On the desktop or in the Start menu, right-click on My Computer, and select Properties. In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, click theDevice Manager button.

Windows 10 has a really stupid power option where it turns off USB ports. If I guess, it might be this..

I am on a Windows 7 laptop (the last decent version of Windows !!) so will need to power up one of the win 10 units and if you can't find it, I will screen capture it for you. (Win 10 Pro)

HTH.

Gordon.

OK, found it. It's pretty buried, but here goes. I guess you will need to be in Administrator account to make the change.

Windows - Windows System. - Control Panel - Power Options

Change Plan Settings (It does not matter what you have here, even high performance euspends the USB's) - Advanced Power Settings

USB settings - USB Selective Suspend Setting

Setting: Enabled.

Click on Enabled, change to Disabled and Apply, the OK.

Simple, eh?

Hopefully when you restart, it will find the hardware and you can make progress.

Good luck,

Gordon.