Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New ASA mount incoming

DaveS

No, not to me, but I was Idly browsing the Astrograph site when I came across This.

I suggest you sit down before clicking the link, the price might be a bit of a shock, even for ASA adicts like @Waldemar and myself. Mind you it's comparable to other professional observatory class mounts with 100 kg capacity.

Note that it's their *entry level* mount :eek:, the others go up to 500 kg payload. The mind boggles.

Edited by DaveS

I wondered about the price of that one, Dave... I asked about this DDM100 on the ASA forum, but nobody seems to own one, yet.
I am very happy with my DDM85A  and so are you I guess, so no need to spend even more....

I'm very happy with my DDM60, but delays mean I haven't got the DDM85 in to commission yet, and it may be after May or June before it is. Just to note, the list price of the DDM100 is about what I paid for *both* my DDM60 and DDM85, and would much rather have two mounts than one, even with 100 kg capacity.

Edit: When Rupert from Astrograph delivered my DDM85 I asked him about the likely pricing of the DDM100, and he thought it would be comparable to, or a bit less than, the current DDM85 Pro with 100kg capacity, which last listed at £19k.

Edited by DaveS