Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focuser problem

My friend bought a 8" orion optics scope which had a low profile focuser on needed several extensions to focus as think it was set up for imaging. 

So bought a focuser think it's astro revelation and installed it. 

Took it out tonight put 40mm in and it focuses right near the very edge of the out focus. 

Put a 20mm in and cannot get focus even all the way in has anyone got any ideas please. 

The Orion Optics Dobs have a focal plane 100mm from the outside of the tube.

As Joe said you may be able to move the mirror further down to the bottom of the tube.  On my OOUK Dob there are 2 sets of holes, and my mirror cell uses the upper holes.

If you're just a little off you may be able to move the mirror enough by loosening all the mirror cell screws.

• Like 1

Hi guys thanks again you have it sorted for me and thanks Paul for phone support

I really don't know why just by changing the focuser I had to move the main mirror forward  the new focuser has the same travel as the old one , and I put mirror back now it came out