Comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas

Managed to image the comet last night and used the data to make some images and also managed to make my first time lapse of a comet πŸ™‚Β 

Total Exposure 1 hour 36 minutes
64 x 90 sec light frames
Iso 1600
15x dark frames
15x bias frames
Celestron 130SLT (Prime)
Celestron AVX mount
Un-modded Canon 60D
Class 4 Bortle skies
Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
Final edits in Affinity Photo

Β 

784223421_20200327AtlasStill.thumb.jpg.36bf817f22ecb253a6493df7e47c4154.jpg1907648397_20200327CometAtlas.thumb.jpg.e7d72aece7f79e9d853c1d868436292e.jpg

Β 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Well done, I've still got a couple of time lapses of it waiting to be processed, need it to start raining so I get time to do itΒ πŸ˜‚

Dave

Steady on!Β  Cloudy will do.Β  I've had enough rain this winter to last for several months more at least.

James

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Well done, I've still got a couple of time lapses of it waiting to be processed, need it to start raining so I get time to do itΒ πŸ˜‚

Dave

I think it was one of yours I saw a while back. Super clear time lapse of a comet. It is what inspired me to try it myself πŸ‘

Hopefully get mine that good one day 🀞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Erling G-P said:

Very nice, and damn, that thing is moving! :)

Just curious; for the 'comet tracked' image, with stars as trails, did you make that using the comet stacking in DSS ?

Yes, I used the comet only stacking in DSS for the star trails and for the picture with the stars and comet tracked I used the comet and star stacking selection.