Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barlow Reducer

Hi again, I recently got a barlow 0.5x reducer for Christmas. I tried this out last week with my camera but could not achieve focus after trying both moving the focus to the min and max positions. I assume I have made a beginner error with the focal length. The camera is slotted into the back of my 127mm Mak with a focal length of 1500mm (f12) via a T-ring adaptor. The lens would reduce that to 750mm but everything is just a huge blur. The barlow lens is screwed into the front of the T-ring. There is also a diagonal in between with no other eyepieces involved between the camera mirror and the scope. Do I need something else to achieve focus, like some kind of extension or another lens to achieve focus without using an eyepiece? I can use the reducer with the eyepieces without any issue. Thanks in advance. 

Thanks Peter. I will have a go at removing the diagonal and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise, I suspect the distance between the barlow and the sensor could be the issue as you have also suggested.