NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light Lukehurst 14” Ultra portable 2

Well at long last a clear night and chance to get first light with my Newley acquired David Lukehurst ultra 2 Dob with Oldham optics  I have to say I’m so impressed it’s been in my conservatory for a few weeks just assembled not collimated waiting for this night . set up is nice and easy task taking the mirror box truss tubes and upper assemblies out in one go then rocker box then on to collimation and wow this is by far the easiest Dob I’ve ever had to collimate 2 mins for both secondary and primary and spot on now to await the dark not before a majestic look at Venus and probably  one of the nicest views I’ve had not to much detail but beautiful crescent spent rather a while at the eyepiece as it got darker I moved onto Orion M42 looking good as always resolving the 4 main core and usual outer stars and nice nebulous clouds  trailing out quite far then on to betelgeuse good to see her coming back from her holiday . Both the Pleiades and beehive looked as amazing as did Uranus  before it dipped to low  behind next doors house  before I knew it it was time to pack up I can’t remember having so much fun with a Dob in a long time didn’t mater what eyepiece I used 40mm Maxivision 35mm Panoptic to 19mm Panoptic balance was perfect and precise I can’t wait to try this out at some dark sites I’m sure it’s going to give so much more  

B2EB5866-EB1F-4E4B-8D7C-6255EB470371.jpeg

95E5DB3C-197D-486F-8871-6D2987379F0C.jpeg

50BB4AC8-3653-4C9E-B680-3F18B638520F.jpeg

9A7E84EF-5D0B-4C9A-B214-C44994FE52A2.jpeg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...