NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter & Mars

I woke up early, decided to make a drink, and one thing led to another. :) I had to rush a bit before it became too light. It's taken over my neighbour's roof at  at 05.20 with my 135mm at F4 ISO 400 1/8 second.

553538166_JupiterMars.thumb.png.a71d84238d23404a7c1ff90c0d205755.png

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

@ScoootSaturn is not far off the pic to the east and Pluto was half a degree from Mars. Not that I expect you’d have picked up Pluto. 😉 

Thanks, there’s more tall trees to left of the image so I think Saturn was blocked out, I don’t remember seeing it. I might have been able to glimpse it between the branches if I’d looked. I think there’s  a moon if I Zoom in, I think it’s Europa. Pluto would’ve been a first. :) 

• Like 1

Nice. I have just this minute come in with the binos for a quick look. I saw jupiter,mars and saturn. Couldnt make out pluto (maybe i need some better binos 😄). Although could not see all three through the field of view.

Checking the weather for tomorrow morning it looks good so hopefully i will get a shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chefgage said:

Nice. I have just this minute come in with the binos for a quick look. I saw jupiter,mars and saturn. Couldnt make out pluto (maybe i need some better binos 😄). Although could not see all three through the field of view.

Checking the weather for tomorrow morning it looks good so hopefully i will get a shot.

Bins are great, suddenly they’re discs. :)

1 hour ago, dweller25 said:

Well done 👍

Thank you. :) 

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 1

On 22/03/2020 at 06:47, Scooot said:

I woke up early, decided to make a drink, and one thing led to another. :) I had to rush a bit before it became too light. It's taken over my neighbour's roof at  at 05.20 with my 135mm at F4 ISO 400 1/8 second.

553538166_JupiterMars.thumb.png.a71d84238d23404a7c1ff90c0d205755.png

Just had another look and zoomed in and i do believe i can see one of jupiters moons.

I managed to find my ball head adapter earlier that i had removed from my tripod so i could fit a star adventurer. Just need to fit the ball head back on and im all set for tomorrow morning (if my alarm wakes me up 😀 ). 

On 22/03/2020 at 18:23, Scooot said:

Thanks, there’s more tall trees to left of the image so I think Saturn was blocked out, I don’t remember seeing it. I might have been able to glimpse it between the branches if I’d looked. I think there’s  a moon if I Zoom in, I think it’s Europa. Pluto would’ve been a first. :) 

I have that problem with neighbours trees as well. I see i have three options. First i could ask them to cut a bit off the tree. Second i could pop out tonight and do the pruning myself or probably the best idea is to take advantage of the adjustable height of the head on my tripod which i hope should bring saturn into view.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chefgage said:

I have that problem with neighbours trees as well. I see i have three options. First i could ask them to cut a bit off the tree. Second i could pop out tonight and do the pruning myself or probably the best idea is to take advantage of the adjustable height of the head on my tripod which i hope should bring saturn into view.

Might have to have another go. Looks like all three are in the FOV of a 135mm in the morning :) 

E3400D3E-DAA2-4230-996D-827901A4477E.thumb.png.fa6b0d652317533fa846e31f5c786be5.png

• Like 1