Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatchers 9x50 Finderscope

8 hours ago, joe aguiar said:

I think there too much teck in this hobby now

U dont need a planisphere just use a phone. 99% of every scope is goto. There is almost no more or at least very few none goto mounts now.

There is wifi in scopes, they can be moved by laptop wifi etc

Now theres apps to polar align u dont even have to see Polaris 

Theres apps to tell us when it's clear no need to ho outside and look

U dont even need to look in the ep just sleep a d when u wake up the inage is on the screen

I think we r losing the art of looking, polar aligning, tracking,  finding or star hoping, the mount scope does all that now

To me the nature relaxing part of astronomy is already gone

Joejaguar 

You're right, I think old school is better. You have to learn your way around the night sky and other skills, just like an apprenticeship... I'm still learning my way round and probably will do for the rest of my life!

3 hours ago, merlin100 said:

You're right, I think old school is better. You have to learn your way around the night sky and other skills, just like an apprenticeship... I'm still learning my way round and probably will do for the rest of my life!

After many years of this, it's kind of fun being able to aim a telescope at objects just because you know where they are on the sky and knowing how to sight along a scope in alt and az, even when it's from the hip.  It's sort of the same as shooting a bow and arrow or gun from muscle memory and not really having to use sights to put the projectile on the target.