Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Flame

My first attempt at The Flame and Horse head. Second AP image after M42. Just over an hour of subs (I had to throw away another 40 minutes worth due to light pollution issues). 15 darks 15 bias. Good friends #bukko and Son ran it through PI for me as I have not learnt gimp yet.

I know it will not win any awards. I made a pretty awful job of the framing, the focus isn’t quite there and I need flats so I am told. The Bahtinov mask has arrived now and next time flats.

Any healthy criticism welcome.

Marvin

3F608D54-46B5-40B3-A4C7-E1A78DFB1846.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Good attempt, stars are a bit overpowering though.

Any suggestions? Obviously if it is a processing solution then no need to comment as the kind people that helped me did it for free on there own time.

Would you suggest taking more subs at a shorter, say 45 second duration?

Marv

Thank you for your imput. I am about to go on a self inflicted processing education program so I can stop using up friends valuable time.

I suppose the great thing about data is it can be revisited and reworked as my skills go from zero to something more than zero I hope. I have noticed many posts by Vlaiv. His technological knowledge leaves me baffled sometimes (a compliment) and I have not had the courage to ask him a question in case his avatar photo is a true rendition of the man, scary!

I will check out Nebulosity as you suggest.

Marv

55 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Thank you for your imput. I am about to go on a self inflicted processing education program so I can stop using up friends valuable time.

I suppose the great thing about data is it can be revisited and reworked as my skills go from zero to something more than zero I hope. I have noticed many posts by Vlaiv. His technological knowledge leaves me baffled sometimes (a compliment) and I have not had the courage to ask him a question in case his avatar photo is a true rendition of the man, scary!

I will check out Nebulosity as you suggest.

Marv

Do the stars flare up like that in your original frames? I never see that with mine.

Dont mind artistic license - just looks like a movie still, not an astrophotography photo / composite.

Sorry if some optics actually make this happen, I'm new.