Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CEM60 goes crazy with PHD2

john2y

Hey guys,

so we've had a lot of cloudy nights lately so I had a ''briliant'' idea to update all my drivers and firmware. That included my CEM60, I got the latest firmware for DEC, RA and MAIN board (also HC but I don't use it or even connec it to the mount) and the iOptron commander with the ASCOM driver. I got the latest non beta version of PHD2 and bunch of other stuff. The problem is that tonight when I started the sequence in SGP everything went well untill PHD started guiding, once it did a correction on DEC, my mount just started slowly drifting in the opposite direction of that pulse and PHD just wasn't capable of correcting it. After couple of attemts and bunch of resets I didn't get anywhere. It does it only in DEC, RA is guiding normally and it does it both ways depending on the first pulse it receives. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers

Jan

I've been having a similar issue for the last two weeks.  A calibration fixes it for the session.  Every time that I do a meridian flip it starts to wander off as soon as it tries a guide pulse.  There is a "Reverse Dec on meridian flip" option in PHD, but it doesn't seem to affect my problem.

I did have this and it turned out to be that when I updated the firmware and changed the orientation of my guide camera that I never did a calibration, once I did the calibration it worked perfectly.