Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron AstroFI 130 Reflector

Hi Guys, Just new to the site but not to asltrophotograpy . I have shot loads of times with the DSLR and using a star tracker and have had some rewarding result. I have a problem now........I bought a Celestron AstroFI 130 Reflector but I can't get enough back focus to allow me to focus correctly, does anyone have a solution to the issue I'm having???? Thanks in advance,

Welcome.

You could try a x2 barlow or move the mirror up the tube though that's more drastic, though I think the mount is an altaz so moves with tiny up down left right movements which will limit exposure length. A mirrorless camera if you already have one might focus ok.

Thanks Happy-kat tried x2 Barlow.....no joy. I have x5 Barlow and no joy either. Really would like to take some telescope shots ,,,,,,,,disappointing buddy. Is there any other possible way I have SVBONY extender tube would that help used the correct way??

Cornelius Varley and Happy Kat I opted to return the telescope and have good or bad went for a CELESTRON AstroFi 102 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope  have you both any views (excuse the pun!!) on that ?

Thank you Happy-Kat for your help and advise over the past number of days. I'll have to wait a few days on delivery, heres hoping I have better luck attaching the cameras this time.

• 2 years later...

I seem to keep harping on how to use a mirrorless camera instead of a phone to get focus with the  Starsense DX130 and similar reflectors. Just made a short Youtube on the subject. It includes Sony Nex camera only, with Barlow and with eyepiece projection.                                                                              Using a Camera with a Reflector Telescope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYoy1TCWjA