Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light Pollution - View from my garden.

If you are only interested in the Moon and Planets the Skymax127 will give great views, it will take a lot more magnification than the 130mm newtonian. If you are likely to get interested in deep sky stuff - galaxies, nebulae then the 200mm newtonian is a better all rounder.

Orange skies like yours are one reason I left Yorkshire for rural SW Scotland.

Mike

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same problem with street lights front and back, so I borrowed my friends pellet gun and shot them out, I might get some stick for that but I dont care, its still more than well lit. I'm not suggesting you do the same. :)

Have you ordered it yet Walter?

I bet you haven't!!!!

You win your bet?

I think I will buy 2.

The 200mm Newt and the skywatcher 130p. :mrgreen:

Problem solved.

Hey Walter, I have ordered my telescope!!!!

I think i may be dreaming.

No really I have ordered after heartache, pain, late nights, torture etc, ordered

a Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian.

I know its not a GOTO etc but i recommend you speaking to Steve at FLO, he put me right, apparantly its a good scope with good images etc and not too difficult to use.

Have you orderd yours yet?

I Glen.

Guess what - still not ordered. :)

I did look at the one you purchased but decided against it as it doesn't have a motorised mount and is not very good for astrophotography.

I think I am gong to push the boat out and order this one...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=Skywatcher_200P_EQ5_GOTO

It should tick every box for me. Yes I know it is almost double my budget but I dont want to get a scope and then a week later want a better one. This scope should last me years. It is a bit of a beast but I have ample room to store it and a people carrier to transport it.

It will also be a learning curve...

Allan (aka walterp)

• 3 weeks later...

Allan

This is probably too late as you have probably not only ordered your scope but got it by now but . . .

. . . if you are ordering from First Light Optics, don't forget to mention that you are a Stargazer's Lounger member . . .

. . . 'cos you'll then get a 10% discount (see I knew I was too late)!

Zaph

Archived