Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan update contradiction

Hi You wonderful SGL community, 

I recently updated the firmware on my Synscan handset but am now a little confused. 

When I switch it on the screen says version 4.39.10. But if I press 8 & 0 whilst powering on (to update) it reads version 2.4 update. Anyone else experiencing this problem. Advice is very appreciated!! 

Thanks 

Simon 

IMG_20200126_085725.jpg

IMG_20200126_085705.jpg

Thanks Cornelias, 

Sorry, not sure I understand. Do I still need to update the firmware or is 4.39.10 the latest?

When I update, is it the 4.39.10 that changes? 

In short, what is the difference between firmware update version and Synscan firmware version? 

I really appreciate your assistance 

Thanks 

Simon 

2 minutes ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Thanks Cornelias, 

Sorry, not sure I understand. Do I still need to update the firmware or is 4.39.10 the latest?

When I update, is it the 4.39.10 that changes? 

In short, what is the difference between firmware update version and Synscan firmware version? 

I really appreciate your assistance 

Thanks 

Simon 

The latest Synscan handset firmware version is 4.39.10. this is the firmware that controls the mount. The latest version of the firmware can be found here  The Synscan update firmware (v2.4) is the firmware that is used to update the Synscan handset to the latest version of the handset firmware.  Skywatcher release new versions of the handset firmware, currently v4.39.10, to add new features etc.  They sometimes also update the update firmware to fix the occasional updating bug. The more important one is the Synscan handset version, the version number of which is displayed when the handset is powered up.

2 minutes ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

OK got it thanks. If I understand correctly the 2.4 is like the operating system and the 4.39.10 is the latest update. 

Thanks so much for your help 

Not quite. The "operating system" is v4.39.10.  The handset updater can be considered as the installer of the new os and is only used when the handset is put into update mode.

• Thanks 1