NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars, 2020-01-25

astroavani

spacer.png

With good seeing everything is possible. Even with low planet and high humidity many details can be visible if the atmosphere is calm. In this photo of Mars we can see several formations that can be compared with the central photo obtained in Virtual Planet Atlas. There are two cloud formations, one over Chryse Planitia and the other over Isidis Planitia. However, what draws the most attention is Hellas Planitia located to the south that many may think is the South Pole in visual observation.
A photo that I really liked for a distance of 2 AU and only 4.7 "of arc.
https://www.astrobin.com/full/q4q5qq/0/?nc=user

• Like 13

12 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Superb detail for <5" Avani, especially when I see it was taken with C9.25, so do you prefer it to the C14?

I appreciate all comments!
In fact the C14 is unbeatable due to the opening Geof friend.
The C9.25 is considered to be optically speaking the best of the SCT, but against the brute force of 14 "not what to do.
I am using the C9.25 because I am on vacation on the coast of Rio Grande do Sul, at home I only use the C14, even due to the ease of having everything ready for use.
I spent many years behind a teleport with good portability, I believe that now I found the best compromise between openness and practicality.

• Like 1