Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2336

tomato

First image off the dual ED 150 rig with the ASI 178 cameras on board.

The image is unfortunately very heavily cropped, mainly because I had a really hard time getting the two cameras aligned. Over two hours had elapsed of clear sky trying to get them close and I was determined to get an image from the session.

NGC 2336 is a spiral galaxy in Camelopardalis some 100 million light years from Earth, discovered by Wilhelm Tempel in 1876.

Capture Details:

Lum 106 x 60 sec ASI 178 with retro fitted Peltier cooler, captured with Sharpcap.

RGB each 25 x 60 sec ASI 178 with retro fitted Peltier cooler, captured with SGP.

Dual Esprit 150 refractors on Mesu 200 Mk 1 mount

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in APP and GIMP.

Thanks for looking.

FF2B8D96-1A95-487A-8906-71D0774B6862.jpeg

• Like 8

It’s about doubling (theoretically at least) the data captured in a single session. 
I think there are two schools of thought on this in the UK:

1. With our meagre clear skies it makes sense to have the equipment to capture as much data as possible when the opportunity arises.

2. With our meagre clear skies it makes no sense to have twice as much equipment tied up doing nothing for weeks on end.

I obviously fall into the first group!😊

26 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good start men, that's why I knocked up my adjusters for three scopes. ortho align the centre one then align the other two to match, mine are only short though.

Dave

Yes, there is a lot of weight sitting on the adjustable saddle, a bit too much for the existing lateral adjuster bolts, so fine adjustment is a bit of a challenge. 
The tiny FOV of the 178s doesn’t help either.

A re-engineer could be in order....

Edited by tomato
Correct typo

1 minute ago, tomato said:

Yes, there is a lot of weight sitting on the adjustable saddle, a bit two much for the existing lateral adjuster bolts, so fine adjustment is a bit of a challenge. 
The tiny FOV of the 178s doesn’t help either.

A re-engineer could be in order....

Micrometer level of adjustment on mine and solid when locked.

Dave

• Like 1