NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunar Northern Hemisphere

astroavani

spacer.png
Testing for the first time
a C9.25 after an accident during the collision of two cars. He hears some wrinkles and scratches on the OTA but the optics miraculously came out intact. It was enough to crumple in part so that there was no obstruction besides collimating that the quality remained unchanged. Congratulations to Celestron for building such tough phones.
Mosaic from 13 frames in iMerge.
I invite colleagues to look at full resolution on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/full/jqyyj8/0/?nc=&real=&mod=

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Avani, great that you're posting again.

Wow, this is an amazing image from a telescope that went though a collision. It looks 100% OK, here as well as on astrobin. Most excellent! 

Were you in the car when the accident happened? I hope you didn't get hurt yourself. At least one thing is clear: not just the C9.25 but you too continue to produce fine images.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ruud said:

Ei Avani, ótimo que você está postando novamente.

Uau, esta é uma imagem incrível de um telescópio que passou por uma colisão. Parece 100% OK, aqui e também na astrobin. Mais excelente! 

Você estava no carro quando o acidente aconteceu? Espero que você não se machuque. Pelo menos uma coisa é clara: não apenas a C9.25, mas você também continua produzindo imagens finas.

Hello friend Ruud!
Luckily I wasn't in the car, professional appointments kept me from going. My friends were going to a star party.
One only suffered scratches, 2 were hospitalized for 15 days, injured badly and the driver of the other car that caused the accident unfortunately died on the spot.
Life has ups and downs, it can always surprise us on the way.