Re-felting my Tak rings

Stu

I've been meaning to do this for ages. The rings I use for my Tak are excellent CNC ones but the lining in them has always been awful, much too hard and had started to leave horrible black sticky marks on the OTA which show up in the first picture.

My dear lady wife has some wonderful stuff called Sticky Stuff Remover, which really is amazing, so I used some of this to clean up the tube very successfully.

Next, I tried to remove the old felting, only for it to leave something like double sided tape stuck to the rings. I tried to scrape this off unsuccessfully, so again resorted to the sticky stuff remover, this time with a scouring sponge and it came off really easily.

I used sticky backed black felting from Hobbycraft which seems to have worked really well. The Tak now turns more easily in the rings when needed and looks so much better now I've got rid of the sticky black marks.

Who knows when I will get to use it though, with all this cloud around....

Screenshot_20200105-211534_Gallery.jpg

20200105_203119.jpg

20200105_203056.jpg

20200105_181935.jpg

20200105_203135.jpg

20200105_203154.jpg

20200105_202918.jpg

• Like 3

I’ve been recommending Sticky Stuff Remover for years.. Works and no nasty smells and it doesn’t harm skin. Works well on upholstry and clothes as well..

I recently  refelted some rings with some of FLOs flocking. 

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2