Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Re-hash of a re-hash, multiple layers

Tim

While waiting for the clouds to clear, fog to go, mist to evaporate, hell to freeze over, I thought it might be interesting to see what happened if you take all the previous incarnations of an image, and layer them one on top of the other, and just let the colours or luminosity show through.

Here's the result on M42. I was quite pleased to see the depth of colours revealed by this process, which in effect is similar I suppose to the way they build up false colour on the mono channel fits images.

Cheers

TJ

11037_normal.jpeg

(click)

Thanks for the link TJ...

Anyone using Registar looks like an interesting additional to the arsenal... although would have been a lot more tempting purchase a few months back...

looks a bit like DSS on steroids with its multi scale capabiliites, geometric corrections and being able to register mosaics with only 1% overlap and 10 stars... hmmmmm

Billy...

Its certainly a fascinating effect and Gendler certainly springs to mind as some stunning colour has been revealed - just so many different ways to process these images! I generally prefer to go for a more 'natural' look but then a lot of the finer detail can be lost - getting the right balance is a mare!

Archived