NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3rd mount point on the SkyTee 2

Richard136

Hi

I've seen some posts that appear to show the SkyTee 2 with a 3rd mount point, in the side where the counterweight nar can be threaded.

Could someone who has added this 3rd point please post some pictures and a short explanation of how to do it? I assume it's a case of drilling and tapping that end of the SkyTee 2 head. However some pictures seem to show the counterweight bar still mounted where the 3rd mount point would be, which I couldn't easily understand. Photos / how to would be helpful. Thanks. 

I think this thread covers how to achieve that:

There could be other threads that cover this as well on the forum.

To fit the counterweight bar when there is a clamp on the end of that axis you need a clamp that has a 20mm hole drilled in it so that the counterweight bar can pass through the clamp and screw into it's threaded hole on the end of the axis.

The Telescope Services (Germany) version of the Skytee II already has the tapped holes to add a clamp to the other end of the axis:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4537_TS-Optics-AZ5-Alt-azimuthal-Mount-with-tripod-and-fine-adjustment.html

• Thanks 1

I have added the mounting holes to the Skytee and it is simple. Just need a tap to thread the holes you drill.

I recently sold my TS-AZ5 which allready has the mounting holes drilled. I tapped the cente hole in the saddle clamp I used the M12 and used an M16 to M12 thread adapter so I didn’t need to remove the saddle to fit the counterweight bar. You could also just drill a 20mm in the saddle but the saddle I used had a 10.5mm centre hole so easy to tap out to M12.

FED70C60-5236-47A0-9E79-6B57A518C52E.jpeg

407227C2-30ED-4F72-9D57-79F598F9476B.jpeg

Edited by johninderby