Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to remove electric focusser

Hi

I'm trying to remove the cylindrical attachment from an electric focusser, shown in the left side of the image below. 

I can't see an obvious way of removing it. The attachment seems stuck fast.

I've removed all grub screws that I can see. Looking down the barrel of the attachment, there *may* be the end of the pinion rod. However this is not certain and gentle taps do nothing to move it.

Ideas welcome. Currently I am stuck and dont want to risk breaking anything with too much force.

20200101_204558.jpg

Edited by Richard136

Will try to tomorrow.

It's the reverse process of installation, I hope. I didn't fit the focusser myself so can't revert to the manual for the reverse process.

The silver barrel attached to the motor assembly, which I've removed without issue. What I'm unable to do is remove the barrel from the pinion. 

If you're sure you've removed all the grub screws holding it you could clamp an allen key in the motor spigot hole and tap it gently to see if it moves, may just be jammed on by molecular attraction,
You could also try warming the aluminium bit with a hair dryer.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

I've tried the gentle tap, no movement.

It's a Lakeside electric focuser. Does anyone know if the silver barrel has a hole straight through? If is does then I could insert a rod into the "outside" of the barrel, on-axis, and tap it to remove the pinion.

Try removing the shaft from the other end - remove the dual focus knob (right hand side) then slide the shaft out from right to left.  I'm not familiar with that particular focuser but it may well be that there is a second grub screw securing the connector hidden from your view where the connector enters the body of the focuser (left hand side). 

Jim  

Edited by saac