Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepieces for a celestron ps1000?

hello I had this telescope for christmass the moon its beautiful,  I cant wait for full moon!

Question.what it will be the ideal eyepice to see saturn or jupiter? im in the uk and south west near the moon its a bright object that I beleive acording to my sky app its venus. Its not posible to see anything with this telescope apart from a bright dot. Any advice? What exactly can be seen with this equipment and eyepice used?

Thank you 

12 minutes ago, DavidSosa said:

hello I had this telescope for christmass the moon its beautiful,  I cant wait for full moon!

Question.what it will be the ideal eyepice to see saturn or jupiter? im in the uk and south west near the moon its a bright object that I beleive acording to my sky app its venus. Its not posible to see anything with this telescope apart from a bright dot. Any advice? What exactly can be seen with this equipment and eyepice used?

The moon and its many wonderful features is best seen well before full moon, the shadows cast by sunlight make those features stand out much more.   Saturn & Jupiter are best seen at medium to high power 80 - 200x, as long as your telescope is of good quality and the atmosphere is not too turbulent.   Unfortunately those two planets are badly placed right now, on the other side of the solar system as seen from earth.  Venus is wonderfully bright but we cannot see its surface due to the very dense atmosphere.  The phases can be well seen and can look lovely when it’s at a crescent phase.

All the best with your telescopic observing, there’s lots of online observing guides, Ed.