NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap C8 case?

msacco

Hi, I'm looking for a case for my C8 edge, it doesn't need to be a hard case or something, even a bag could work. Not looking to spend a lot of money on it, just something that will be easy to transport and that's pretty much it.

I thought about something similar to this maybe: https://www.ebay.com/itm/IRIN-Standard-Adult-Cajon-Box-Drum-Bag-Backpack-Case-600D-Cloth-5MM-Cotton-S3E8/192974552975?epid=24020132564&hash=item2cee2dff8f:g:GGsAAOSw2QtdHRlP#rwid
This might be a little too small or thin, but it's pretty much exactly the dimensions.

According to my measurements by giving a few extra room, the size of the scope is around:
52cmx41cmx30cm with finderscope, or 52cmx30cmx30cm without finderscope.

So generally in terms of dimensions I should be rather fine(please note that my measurements includes a few cm's to spare).
Any better ideas? :) I'm totally open for new ideas, I'd like to spend a maximum of around x4/x5 the amount of the ebay item I posted, but would obviously rather save as much as I can on this.

Thanks! :)

Got a great little box for my C8 from B&Q some time back. Made some plywood cradles for it with some felt in. It's hard plastic with a matching lid and size was perfect!  Sold the C8 some time back though now a refractor chap😁

22 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Got a great little box for my C8 from B&Q some time back. Made some plywood cradles for it with some felt in. It's hard plastic with a matching lid and size was perfect!  Sold the C8 some time back though now a refractor chap😁

Do you have some pictures or links of what you bought?

Edited by msacco

50 minutes ago, Gasman said:

If I remember correctly a hollow under either end for fingers,  best to have look yourself to see if its suitable!

Hmm I see, unfortunately it's not really the solution I'm looking for. I'd rather carry it on my back/shoulders/single handedly.

14 minutes ago, Helen said:

And is it surely big enough for the C8? It looks rather small to me ^_^

Edited by msacco

I scoured ebay for a used flight case that would fit my C8.

I found someone selling old plate camera flight cases that were a perfect fit after the removal of an internal partition. (They still seem to crop up occasionally).

I made a padded plywood cradle to support the C8's OTA and re-lined the whole thing with 8mm thick black foam cut from an exercise mat.

The whole thing cost just under £40.......

c8 case closed.jpg

c8 case open.jpg