NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pleiades processing issues

AstroJay

Hi

There's something of nebulosity around the stars of the cluster but also maybe haze, cloud or walking noise over the whole frame. The background is going to be difficult so just to answer your question... Don't know what you're using to process but if by conventional means, go a bit at a time with the centre slider.

HTH

pls.jpg.81213b946a5b5bbe4c0ef90b32715759.jpg

Edited by alacant

I think you need to re stack your data, but pay attention to remove offending frames.

It looks like there were some thin clouds at some point that messed up image, here is green channel (cleaned from gradients and stretched a bit):

image.png.6c19c8d8e7620bee68cf3effeb8a5ed2.png

It clearly shows tacking artifacts and high level clouds. Stacking artifacts are there because of high level clouds (lines on alignment seams - these are due to uneven background as clouds shift between subs).

Nebulosity is there but its about the same brightness as cloud reflection from LP or maybe even less and that prevents you from showing it. Hopefully you will manage to find enough cloud free subs to stack and results should be better then.

23 hours ago, Craney said:

Could be worse.....   I tried to extract a bit of nebulosity from one of my own recent shots and got this.....  ;) 

105550757_m45processingissue.thumb.jpg.378bd62c20718d212c8a7522dc31005f.jpg

Fantastic!

Your processing has revealed how stars warp the fabric of Spacetime;  a Nobel Prize awaits  😊 

• Haha 3