DSLR Heart and Soul

david_taurus83

First light with one of these duo-narrowband filters. I have the IDAS NB1 filter. Captured last week from my street lamp infested back garden. The first night was only meant to be a test but it was clear 2 nights later and I added some more. Gathered 6 hours of data so I had to do something with it.

Canon 6D astro modified

William Optics GT71 with Flat6AII (spacing still not right)

FOV around 6° x 4° at 4" per pixel! Image still heavily cropped due to not aligning the camera angle correctly.

79 x 300s lights at ISO1600

Flats and Bias applied, no darks.

H&S bicolour 2.jpg

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, assouptro said:

I love this image, the framing and the processing are wonderful! 
what stacking and processing software do you use? 

thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thank! All processed in Pixinsight. I just loaded all flats and lights into Batch Preprocessing and went with pretty much standard settings. Biggest challenge was trying to reduce the star field. Something I struggle with always is getting good stars.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Great image David.

On my laptop the stars appear to have a green tinge.

If I may suggest one more process to try if you are using Pixinsight. - NoisReduction/SCNR/Green.

Dave

Thanks! I did try on a couple of occasions but the stars turned magenta! They are a bit flat and dull. To reduce the star field I created a star mask and used CurvesTransformation to reduce the lightness. Then a small iteration of MorphologicalTransformation. As mentioned above, stars is something I still need to try and get right.

• Like 1