NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 - First Pixinsight Attempt

ApophisAstros

SgHeycdPs7ND_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Old Data , Just the DSLR data.

Pixinsight workflow.
First image from use of Pixinsight , No Darks, No Flats. Stacked 25 300s DSLR subs. Debayered , Star Aligned, and basic stretching , i am only up to 4 of 12 youtube tutorials by AstroDude.
Blink , Subframeselector , debayered , StarAligned , ImageIntegration , HistogramTransformation , DynamicBackgroundExtraction , ColorCalibration.
Nice being able to analyse rejected low and high frames ie bright artifacts from sigma clipping.

Roger

• Like 7

@apophisOAS for so little data and no darks, flats etc that looks pretty good to me. I keep thinking about getting Pixinsight as I struggle with AstroArt to get anything that good. I've watched loads of videos and bought the book Inside PI, the results from others using it inspires me. I've just got a more powerfull laptop so think in the New Year I'll download the free trial version and give it a try. I look forward to seeing your improvements as you learn more about PI.

• Like 1