Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher auto focuser on 130PDS

I've got a Skywatcher 130PDS to replace the tube on my 130P. Everything set up fine, but I cannot figure out how to attach the Skywatcher auto-focuser I used to have working perfectly on the 130P.

The problem is that the spindle on the Crayford focuser is really thin, and the grub screws on the autofocuser connector don't reach it.

I have a nasty feeling there was an adaptor that came with the auto focuser packaging that I may have mislaid, which may have been for exactly this situation. If I'm right about that, then the only fixes I can consider would be longer grub screws (no idea what type/size/thread etc they are), or trying to remove the x10 part of the focuser to see if the other spindle is thicker (absolutely will not come off that I can see). Or, try to get my hands on an adapter. Or, make one. Or, just not use it, which would be a pity because I like it.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a 130PDS with the auto focuser attached, and if so, how did you do it? Did you have an adapter that came with the packaging? If so, any photos would be very much appreciated so I can see what I might need to do - or any other advice, obviously!

Thanks, Brendan