NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Would you or would not

Hi another question I have an EQ mount  that feels stiff , now would you use a very light grease on it I have large RC Helicopters and use a super light grease on them i also have dry lube which dry to touch but lubes the joints which i could use . Or do I leave it alone 

I would.

Before you start, please look at this series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tZ58AVVyuQ

The link is to part one of "How to SUPER TUNE the Skywatcher EQ-5 mount". There are a few more parts. Browse through them to see where the man does interesting things, like take apart, remove old grease,  apply new grease and put together again.

Edited by Ruud

I use Super Lube for all of my mounts.  It's not particularly light, nor heavy.  It's PTFE, or Teflon, based, and what might be better than that.  The old grease must be removed completely, utterly.  I use charcoal-lighter fluid for that, the kind for grilling food outdoors, which works a charm.